CleanMED Day 8

 1/11/24:

One week in! I'm very proud of myself!  I'm doing this!  I'm also very relieved that it's going so well.

Last night I had what I would describe as an almond epiphany.  For the first time ever, I could taste the flavor of almonds in almonds. That might not make sense, so let me explain.  I love almond flavoring in frosting and certain pastries, but I never understood the connection between the nuts and that flavor.  Last night for the first time ever, I did taste a bit of whatever that magic is in the actual nut itself. Pretty cool!

Breakfast:
Oatmeal, apples, and an egg with green peppers & onions, and a glass of skim milk

Lunch:

Baked sweet potato with vegetarian chili, side salad of spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and an astonishing number of carrots, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. I think I had grapes with this meal as well.

Snack: Oranges and more almonds

I went for a run after work and that went fine. I wasn't too terribly famished by the time I got home.  

Dinner
Cod on broccoli, brown rice, onions, and green pepper stir fry. There was a whole lot of garlic and ginger in there and I'm desperately needing a mint!

Overall, I'm impressed by how much fruit I'm eating. I might actually be hitting the recommended 5 a day they always talk about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge