CleanMED day 1


 1/4/24

Last night I dreamed about salad. I dreamed I was eating the most delicious salad, then I panicked thinking I had used the wrong salad dressing, breaking the study protocol, but it was SO good! It reminded me of the Caesar dressing back at Yakima. I woke up really excited to try my foods.

Breakfast wasn’t bad at all. Oatmeal (cooked, no sugar added), apples, and an “omelet” that was smothered in green peppers and onions. That’s a lot of spice that early in the morning for me! I also had a little portion of plain walnuts. I got those down by alternating bites of apple with bites of walnut.

I survived my sugar free, Splenda free tea, but it was not nearly as enjoyable.


Lunch:




Vegetarian Chili on Sweet Potato: really good, actually fairly sweet. Portion was way too much. This much food fills you up fast.

Side salad of spinach, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes. Accomplishment #1: I ate a raw, unadulterated tomato 🍅. Normally I only like them when converted to ketchup, salsa, or marinara sauce. The salad dressing was olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The vinegar really helped add flavor. That was a lot of chewing!

Cup of grapes (72 grams): everything is weighed. Whatever I don’t eat, I take back and they weigh so they can adjust the calories consumed.

Afternoon snack: I started feeling a little droopy around 2:30 so I grabbed out one of my optional snacks and ate the plain sunflower seeds.

Dinner:

The moment of truth: I am going to have to eat fish. I promised them I could do it in order to be in the trial. Today’s fish was cod, and honestly it was not bad. The texture of course is nothing like chicken so I couldn’t really pretend that’s what it was, but I cut it up into little pieces and was able to eat it!

The dinner was the baked cod with “veggie and brown rice stir fry.” It was actually more green peppers and slimy long onions. I could taste some heat from ginger in there, but not much else. It was very bland. I had to add some plain garlic and will need to report that addition when I return my leftovers. So accomplishment #2: I ate cod!

I also managed to drink what looked like a full cup of skim milk.

Tonight’s snack was oranges and almonds. 

So far, no headache! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge