CleanMED day 25

1/28/24: Day 25 already!

I’m saying farewell to some favorite meals, like the spaghetti with pinto beans and tomatoes tonight and the oatmeal with strawberries for breakfast, plus being glad to be done with the ones I won’t miss (the salmon, green pepper, onion, and spinach salad this afternoon).

The BIG thing is continuing this on my own. Yesterday and today were my first shopping outings. It is going to take a lot of thinking, planning, and discipline but having the menu template really helps me feel confident. I bought quinoa, non-fat yogurt, and beans other than green beans for the first time ever!!  I almost expected to be carded or need to show proof of identity. 



Groceries I have picked up these past two days

  • Pinto beans, dry
  • Black beans, dry
  • Chickpeas/garbanzo beans, dry
  • Lentils, dry. These aren’t on my recent menu but I really like lentil chili
  • Quinoa, dry
  • Whole grain penne
  • Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
  • Fat free Lactaid milk
  • Oranges (2)
  • Fuji apples (3 pound bag)
  • Tilapia chicken filets
  • cucumber (1)
  • Multicolored peppers (red, yellow, orange)
  • Tomatoes (3). Not sure which ones to get but these are “beefsteak tomatoes”.
  • Onion (1)
  • Broccoli 
  • Mini steamer potatoes, which I will roast
Tomorrow I will do a Costco run and pick up eggs, spinach, walnuts, and almonds. 
I think that should do it!!  I already have plenty of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, chicken.

I did my 8 mile run yesterday and took a picture and I can tell my face is looking much thinner. The trade off is I see more wrinkles because I’m lacking my natural wrinkle filler! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge