CleanMED Day 19



 1/22

Today I started to think ahead and even worry a little bit about how I will continue to make good choices when I am not eating at home, when I don’t have as much control. I went to the DC Auto Show today and realized if I needed a little something extra to eat, I would have had to break the diet. There was no shortage of pop, potato chips, candy, etc.  I also got to thinking about restaurants. My go-to is usually chicken strips 😏. I will have to start looking at menus.  I also haven’t figured out where exactly cheese fits into those four food groups, and of course by groups I mean levels of processing.  I don’t have any answers yet but I’m starting to think ahead so I can have a plan for that part of life. 

I will be sure to ask for all the educational materials they give the participants in the long-term, 12 month arm of the study! 

Honestly one of my favorite things from the car show today was getting to try out an e-bike. I couldn’t stop giggling as I flew around the course! I may have to look into those. It was FUN!

Breakfast: oatmeal + blueberries, strawberry/banana/yogurt smoothie

Lunch: paprika/cumin tilapia, brown rice, sautéed spinach



Dinner: Southwest Chicken Salad, apple, sweet potato (haven’t needed to eat that yet but will save for snack later since I already ate my snack this afternoon around 3)

Snack: grapes and greek yogurt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge