CleanMED Day 2

1/5/24

Again, I am the picky eater with the appetite of a six year old, so this is a big adventure for me.  I will highlight "new to me" foods in red.

Day 2 Foods

 Breakfast

Quinoa with blueberries.  I also was given almonds and skim milk but no directions, so I heated the blueberries & quinoa and ate the other two things separately. That might not have been right!  

I made my tea without any sweetener again. It took me almost 10 hours to get through it all but I did. I am a little worried I might get dehydrated!

Lunch



Today was a really pretty, colorful salad with:

  • Quinoa
  • Spinach
  • Cucumbers
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Pinto Beans
  • Red Wine Vinegar + Olive Oil (dressing)
Other foods included plain yogurt and grapes. There may have been one more thing but I'm blanking.  It was WAY more food than I could eat and I think I could have maybe eaten it faster if I would have had more balsamic vinegar to add. That really makes a difference for me.  I think this is the first time I've tried pinto beans and all in all, not too bad. I could eat them again no problem.

I was really surprised how well I did eating plain yogurt (FAGE brand) with fruit. Do taste buds really change that fast? I thought I'd really have to be forcing it down but it was truly fine with the apples and grapes.

Midday
It was a long work day and I got hungry again, so I decided to have some more of my breakfast leftovers and at least get almost all the blueberries eaten.

Dinner
Another moment of (fish) truth: Tilapia.  Tonight's dinner was paprika cumin tilapia, roast potatoes with olive oil, and steamed broccoli.  It also came with a side salad that there was no way I could eat. I didn't even bother to open it.  I was grateful for the spices. Fish still has a weird taste to me and the texture isn't what I'm used to.  I doubt I'll keep eating fish after this but at least I tried it and did it and didn't vomit or die.  

Things I would eat again on my own that I didn’t before:

Balsamic vinegar/olive oil as salad dressing
Raw tomatoes (with sufficient dressing above)
Plain greek yogurt with fruit
Plain, unsalted unsweetened nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds)
Vegetarian Chili
Sweet Potatoes
Pinto beans
Plain oatmeal 

How I feel:

I'm really happy that I haven't felt the crash I was expecting! I think having the fruit really helps.
I'm really surprised about my blood sugars: they spike as I figured they would with that many carbs, but the fascinating new thing is how they come right back down, sometimes even to the 70s, afterwards.  The A1c will be really interesting. 
All in all, I'm proud of myself for trying something new and it's going pretty well.
It’s too soon to say if this is placebo effect or not but tonight after work I noticed that I didn’t feel like I needed to come home and go right to bed for a quick or long nap to get some more energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge