High Tea at Burj Al Arab Skyview Bar

This is the event I had been looking forward to during the entire trip, as much as I looked forward to the spa day in Bali!
It was not cheap, but it was considerably cheaper than spending a night here!  And this is one of those memories I'll treasure forever.  So without further adieu - High Tea!
I made my reservation for 1:00pm, first sitting.  This is important, because it gets you the best choice of where to sit.  And I arrived early to ensure this.  I wanted a seat facing the city as well as water, instead of just water.
Selfie in lobby while waiting
Who needs sleep?


Golden elevators, of course!
My table faces NE.  Spectacular, isn't it?


They had a tea menu and this little hotel-shaped stand with sugar cubes, Splenda, sugar swizzle sticks. Sadly, they weren't for sale in the gift shop or I probably would have bought one!  
First, they bring you a hot towel and this platter of dates with almonds.

Enjoying my date!

The first drink they bring out is champagne, or in my case, something non-alcoholic.  They brought me this instead: Gold Emotion. It is sparkling apple juice with 24k gold flakes.  Fun!



 This was the first course, this delectable little treat.  This is a White chocolate Vanilla Petite Pot with green apple jelly, almond crumble, and white chocolate mint on top.  In the background (also not pictured) is a harp player.

My first pot of tea was English Breakfast, my all-time favorite. It was as good as ever.


Next came a Mediterranean tartlet stuffed with ratatouille, olives, and Feta cheese.
Who knew I liked Ratatouille? Not me! I could have had a few more of these!

Enjoying the view~

Next came the tower of finger sandwiches, also on a stand shaped like the hotel.




Cucumber, cream cheese, saffron bread.  I liked this.

Roast beef with something on white and brown bread (I didn't catch what he said)

Rye cracker, egg with something in it, and topped with a slice of hardboiled egg. This was so-so.
I did not get a close up of the smoked salmon with crab meat one, which I skipped, or then the final one called "coronation chicken", which was my favorite!


I ordered my next pot of tea, which was White Peony.  It's pale and maybe a bit flavorless, but mild is probably a nicer word.  It mentioned "fragrant notes of melon" but this is me we're talking about.  I carefully drowned out the flavor with the sugar swizzle sticks!

I honestly enjoyed these ultra long meals more than I thought I would.  I'm the typical American who wolfs food down and goes for speed, but I really enjoyed taking my time eating, savoring, tasting all the flavors, and paying attention to my food.  It was all prepared so beautifully, it would have been a shame to hurry!

Next course, which is about 1hr 15 min into it, is a Rose and Lychee Sorbet.  

I ordered a pot of Yellow gold Oolong Tea as well.  That was a one-drink special - not a fan!  It was too grassy and too floral.  Luckily they were really cool and encouraged me to try as many teas as I liked, so next I ordered Rooibos.  Also not a fan, but now I know for sure that I don't like it.  So back to English Breakfast for the next course.


 90 minutes in: The Pastry Tray!  I've been looking forward to the scones and pastries this whole time, saving stomach space as much as possible!
Look at that smile!


Sorry about the dark pictures. Lighting was tricky.  We have raspberry jam, clotted cream, more dates, and passion fruit marmalade. 
 This layer has both plain and raisin scones.

Desserts - four of them

Last but not least, the cakes

Lemon Merengue tart

I already had started eating this. It was something raspberry but I can't tell you much more than that.


Strawberry and almond cake

Chocolate macaroon with more chocolate - mousse probably

English cake
Carrot Cake.  Below: the Coffee Hazelnut Cake.


The table next to mine, ready for the next seating

Oh my, look at the time!  I spent over 2 and a half hours enjoying tea!  Time well spent, if you ask me!
Thanks for sharing my tea with me!

Comments

Lisa Teresi said…
I just had tea there for my 50th birthday! Looks like you had the same seat and menu we did! I loved it - have been looking forward for years and also didn't want to pay the price tag for the night but the tea was a highlight in my tea experiences! Glad you had a wonderful time too!

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge