Rock and Roll

4/19
I've been awake several times overnight by the rocking and rolling of the boat. I thought we were anchored and not going anywhere but maybe we are moving.  I took Meclizine last night just in case because I could feel the motion pick up so I am doing fine and am not green or seasick. My leg and butt hurt as does my arm, so I must have hit that, too.  I'm applying Bacitracin and keeping an eye on things.  The ankle scratch looks kind of ugly. Also, in lesser news, my gold toenail polish has completely come off my right ring toe.
This morning the seas were super rough and the dive site was one that no one had done before, including the owner.  He's a bit of a testosterone-filled Polish show off/jerk.  He ignores the safety fundamentals of diving, darting up and down in the water, nothing slow or gradual, and takes off on such a tear so you can't really follow him.  He dove alone today.  What we discovered is that our dive guide isn't even open water certified and has less dives than me!  Plus he's worthless as a guide or a critter spotter!  He couldn't rescue me, that's for sure. Anyhow, I digress.
The owner wanted to dive this site so we did. Well only 3 of 9 did, not including me because I have more sense than that and Mom told me to be careful. The waves were huge and crashing into the back of the boat and there was just no way it was going to be fun. I have 4 days to do 3 dives to hit my big milestone of 100 dives! If I do 3 today, I could still hit it.
Today for breakfast we had a good chocolate thing that had peanuts in it and if you really used your imagination it could have been like a candy bar or yummy brownies.
The second morning dive was pretty but also frustrating because the dive guides darted out into open water and we couldn't keep up nor did we know what we were seeing.  I'm so over this!  This whole operation is terribly mismanaged and disorganized and I think we are all fed up with it.  One thing I think I'm going to try to fix is the boat crew, because we waste so much time waiting around for them to load the gear.  I have an idea... will have to get my bossy boots on and go find someone to translate it for me!

We're talking a lot as a group and are more or less deciding to do our own thing, irrespective of what the guides do. This is nuts.
Enough for today - I'm crabby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge