Final dive day

Today I woke up near what is one of the most famous sites, Blue Magic.  Once again the boat was gently swaying overnight and it was seriously like being rocked to sleep! We'll see how I do once I get on land - I might actually miss it! I'm having less trouble than I did when I was on trips in Cozumel and the Florida Keys, which is interesting. I thought this would be worse.
The dive was not nearly as good as the others we have seen, especially Kri Island sites. I missed the wobegon shark out swimming around, but I did see a Crinoid swimming, which was just fascinating and a visual delight! I have never seen one out and about.  Usually they are attached to a coral.

I will do this next dive and stay shallow so I can fly safely tomorrow.  I hear the anchor going down.  Our boat captain is a sweet older man. Here he is driving us.

Oh wow, my final dive was probably the coolest! It did not disappoint and I couldn't resist doing my happy dance at the end!  We saw the most beautiful nudibranch egg sacks that looked like raspberry flowers, goat fish, and something I had hoped to see but didn't think I'd get to see: the totally hilarious unicorn fish that are just the dorkiest looking things ever! (#11)
Darlene was a few feet up the reef and was pointing excitedly at something so I swam up and over to her and I finally saw it ... a black-tipped reef shark! And then as I hovered next to her, here came another, and then another! We got way down in the sand so they wouldn't be scared of us and they kept zooming and circling around and it was SO cool!  I never actually saw them eat anything but they were going after this one particular school of fish and one shark even swam within arms distance over my left shoulder.  We stayed down and watched them for a good 10 minutes! I can't imagine a better way to end a dive trip!
Now we are sailing again, back to Sorong harbor. I'd rather not spend the night there-sort of feel safer out here in the open ocean, but so it goes. I can't wait to be able to Google things again! It has been driving us nuts to not have Internet!
Ooh, Jim just mentioned there is some resort on Bunaken that has massages and facials and diving - I need to go there next time instead!  Any takers?!

New things I'll add to my save-a-dive kit:
Spare SPG thing like Rosa loaned me
Lithium batteries
Ice packs
Large bandaids

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge