I just got back from a very fun weekend in Edmonton. I have never seen so much snow in one afternoon like I did on Friday afternoon-evening-night! It made it quite beautiful, especially when the sun came out as I was leaving today.

The weekend started with a very fun twist -- a semi-blind date! A ticket to a hockey game (how great is that?!) was dropped off at Kirk and Shannon's house Friday morning. Shannon picked me up in the afternoon and I had some time to get a quick review of my date's winning qualities from Ayva. I had a slight advantage because I knew who the date was - Kirk's brother Jeff - , but it was still pretty suspenseful because I had never met him and the plan was that we would meet when we reached our seats! Pretty cool, huh? Shannon and Ayva were both pretty excited about the whole thing, so much so that Jeff apparently offered to buy them tickets a few rows back so they could be there to watch. smirk~
I didn't take any pictures, silly me, but it was fun and I've decided that blind dates can be pretty fun! :-) Apparently I was the envy of some first and fifth grade girls at Ayva and her cousin's school -- yay - i'm cool! haha Being grilled for details by a 7 yr old - a new experience!!

The next day, I went to watch the girls do their gymnastics thing, then Kirk, the Wonder Husband, took the kids so Shannon and I could shop at West Edmonton Mall. That was great fun, and perhaps my favorite moment of it all (and Shannon will probably agree) was just sitting down, swinging our feet, and drinking pop, and gabbing! We were going to all meet for supper but Kirk called and said he had decided to just make supper so we came home to a very good home-cooked meal!! What a guy, huh?! I know it wasn't just a show because he's done this before other times I've visited them!

Sunday afternoon we spent with Shannon's parents and family. It was great to see them again and remember people and experiences from our time spent together at WSU. Today came all too soon, and now I'm home again.

Comments

Troy and Beth said…
NO PICTURES????? You really must have been having a good time *grin! Can't believe my bro-in-law is so LAME!!!
Pharmgirl said…
Yep, it was fun enough that I didn't have taking pictures on my mind. :-) In all fairness, I'd go on a date with your bro-in-law too if the opportunity ever presented itself. Dating's kinda fun!
Troy and Beth said…
Yeah it is. I need to remind Troy to take me out...ya wanna babysit?
Pharmgirl said…
Uh - maybe someone who lives closer to you will read this and volunteer ;-)
Pharmgirl said…
Remember that one "double date" we happend upon in Kirkland? I forget how that all got started but I think it was our idea... haha It wasn't very nice of Troy and that other guy to laugh so hard when I apologized for being so 'quiet'. :-( Hmmph!

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge