First impressions of the liveaboard

4/13
I hope my feelings change but at the moment, this can't be over soon enough!  I naively expected we'd probably be having hamburgers and eggs and what I think of as normal food.  Instead, it's mostly fish, super spicy, and largely unidentifiable!  Dessert has been a disappointment (brown jello, flavorless egg custard stuff).  It may be a great weight loss trip.  Thank goodness I emailed and asked if they would have peanut butter so they specially bought peanut butter for this sailing.  I might be surviving on PB and jelly on board and bread!  There is a gentleman from Wyoming, Tom, who had throat radiation up until a month ago so he's not doing so well either.  We'll be PB&J team!
Darlene saw a massive roach in the central area's coffee bar area before we went downstairs tonight to bed! Aaack! 
On my first dive, my new computer worked and it was so cool to see the PSI and I was so excited to have data, but it was flashing this low battery looking symbol.  The next dive I could barely read it. The third dive, I had nothing and decided to abort that one after 15 minutes.  Tammy said she may have an extra battery (thank goodness!) and so we got that and started to take my computer apart.  Well, the battery had blown. Whoever owned it before me had it improperly services or changed battery himself and didn't get the seal correct, so I may have an expensive piece of junk now.  I was so glad another diver has an extra air pressure gauge.  Who carries those?!?!  It's hooked up now and I can carry on.  It would be a phenomenal waste of money and vacation days to have come all this way for 2 dives!
Thankfully that wasn't the case, but if so, at least my final dive would have been an incredible one: Manta Sandy.  We were treated to a spectacular parade of I believe seven manta rays.  There were two different species swimming together, which is apparently uncommon.  If you look at them from underneath, you'll notice they have different markings, almost like their fingerprint, and this is used by scientists to tell them apart.




And my favorite since this is ME!

I'm ready to sleep now. I'm tired of sweating and I really look forward to Bali! I don't like being this remote, though it is absolute paradise out here.
Here is my room:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge