Off the boat, on to Bali

Good morning from Sorong Airport! We said our goodbyes to the crew and took a couple more photos and we headed off in two tender boats (aka our dive boats for the past two weeks).  Three taxis were waiting for us and off we went, dropping the other 8 at Swiss Bel-Hotel. For some reason, I thought my flight was at noon.  My check in info now says I board at 1:55 PM, meaning I could have spent more time with the group at the hotel! Maybe even had Wifi!
I hate to go back out on their roads to go back to the hotel to see the others, so I will just stay here in this air conditioned restaurant as long as they let me.  I'm the only one here so it shouldn't be a problem!  The TV is playing Jingle Bells as background music for their food commercial!

As it is, I'm sitting in a place called Hawai Bakery, fulfilling my promise to Tom to eat the first burger I could find! It was not what I had in mind... oh well, it wasn't horrible and it didn't burn my mouth! The fries were good.  I'm feeling a little funny - sort of like I am still moving, which I know to expect. It might be time for some Meclizine. I could fall asleep easily!

Update: I killed 90 minutes in a little reflexology place, 60 minutes massage and 30 minutes attempting to talk. They were all very nice. Aah, it felt so good! Gotta love a place where burger, fries, Coke, and an hour-long foot massage costs less than $20! :-)

3:45 - Hello from the sky. I just had a quick layover at Manado, just long enough to read this chart and now am on my final flight for a couple days.

I'm most nervous about this one because planes seem to have a bad record here!
I'm hoping to encounter more English in Bali. It has been difficult and no one speaks Spanish, my usual back up!
They just said something about there is no backup oxygen system? Oh great!
Fingers crossed!
I think I will just post these blogs and resist the urge to plunge back into total social media/news updates. I want to keep enjoying oblivion. The only downer was the flight change today but that wasn't the end of the world. 


I keep being surprised by the food they serve us on all these flights. I guess only US has cruddy service! I even get real silverware including a knife!
I'm listening to some Dean Martin as I fly, daydreaming about the days ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge