Final day in Bali

I hired a driver so I could take a tour of parts of the island.  In retrospect, I could have hired anyone once I got there since everyone was more than willing to drive me around for a day, but I found a nice guy that had good reviews on Trip Advisor and he was great.  I didn't want to do all the temples and Luwak coffee, so I gave him a list of places I was interested in and he figured out the best order to do them in.
First: the famous Tegalalang Rice Terraces.  This one is definitely cooler than the local ones I walked past, but I also didn't feel the need to spend a whole ton of time here.




Hello from Tegalalang

The hotel gave me another frangipani and a special bracelet (not visible) when I left. 
Once I had looked my fill, we got on the road again and headed to the volcano.


It still shows where the lava burned the land during the last eruption around 16 years ago






While at the volcano, I opted to get a henna tattoo (my temporary one had washed off) based on the shirts the hotel ladies wore.  I'd say they did a pretty good job, wouldn't you?

 We then started our return to the southern part of Bali, to be closer to the airport and so I could watch the sunset over one of the beaches.  But first, a stop at a local store where my driver's wife shops.  I wanted one of their long skirts.  The clerks did not speak any English and the driver didn't know how to explain skirts, so luckily I had some pictures on my phone and between the three of us, I found what I was looking for.


What great colors!  I bought the skirt you see laying on the shelf (black and turquoise)



Settle down, I just stopped here for the Wifi

Moped madness!
 I found this great restaurant online for watching the sunset on big colorful beanbag chairs.  We were able to find it and my driver dropped me off and we made plans to meet up at 8PM.



Proof that my legs were tan

Dipping my feet in the Indian Ocean


So colorful! I loved it!





It was even more beautiful as the sun went down.


It was a cloudy night so the sunset wasn't really all that spectacular but this place was such a visual treat, I was not even remotely disappointed!

My driver

Glowing (sweaty) me.  Goodbye, Bali - until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge