Sunday in Wayag Bay

4/17
I woke up to my alarms at 6:30 & 7 AM, per my usual routine.  I usually can barely keep my eyes open until 10:30PM! My body clocks have been reset, it seems!  Maybe all this fresh air is making me tired.
This bay is absolutely darling with little itty bitty islands and we woke up to what looks like a sunny day. I burned a little yesterday so I will definitely be doing sunblock because today is hiking a mountain and a beach barbecue! Yay!




1:30PM update - it's raaaaining! No hike (too slippery), no beach, and likely no bonfire. So - more diving! I might skip so I can sleep but we'll see.  Today we had French fries for lunch, among other things. Breakfast included homemade bread with chocolate or raisin! I got raisin.  Holy carbs this trip!!  The salt shaker lid wasn't on so well...

I thought about it and I am easily getting 8:30-9 hrs of sleep per night! Awesome!
Jon is still laughing at Darlene and I for dancing around like little kids in the bioluminescent stuff last night.  It was so much fun!  Wheeeeee!
7PM: Well the second morning dive was not all that impressive so I decided to take the third dive off and just have a nice long nap. Naturally this dive turned out to be spectacular, per all the reports, and I missed it! And poor Tammy didn't have her camera, so in a way she missed it, too!  The sleep was great though.  The beach, the hike, and bonfire are all cancelled due to the rain that hit us and has stayed all day.  I don't have a dry swimsuit for tomorrow, so that won't be fun! I left mine out to dry on the line and it got rained on.  Note to self: 3 swimsuits per dive trip.
Tonight, the dinner was an elaborately prepared fish, fried chicken, potatoes (no rice!), and some other things. Dessert = watermelon. I think I eat watermelon every day. No pineapple here - such a pity!

Later, we took our traditional toe photo and reviewed some of Jim and Karl's above water photos. Our equator ceremony ones turned out cute.  I think the staff thinks/knows we are crazy. 
Tonight the staff was at the front of the boat playing guitar and bongos so some music and dancing was in order.  Now - time for sleep!  Tomorrow we might climb and then set sail for our next dive destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge