Mom update:
She's scheduled for surgery on Wednesday with Dr. Varnavas here in Yakima.  It will be a resection of the L5/S1 area of her spine.  He thinks he can help her by doing some more of that rotor-rooting in there to give her nerves more room, and maybe work some magic with those discs in there too.  She's lost pretty much all feeling in her left foot and leg plus some on the right side.  It's pretty scary watching how little she can do and how unstable she is on her feet, due to not being able to feel the floor.  
I wish I could get a better handle on her mood but I think it's one of resignation.  Now that it's a reality, perhaps it's making her more nervous ... wondering how she'll feel this time when she wakes up.  Last time she wasn't very nervous and things didn't go so well, so ... I just hope hope hope things go well.  I have complete faith in this surgeon and his PA so I'm actually planning to go ahead and work that morning rather than sit in the boring waiting room.  If they need me I'm easy to find!
So - send happy thoughts her way, because I think she could really use them.  

Comments

RORYJEAN said…
I hope all goes well- she's in my prayers.
Anonymous said…
let her know that we will be thinking of her greatly that day.

Davita

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge