Homeownership is getting to be an expensive little hobby! I had a few days off last week and two off in the middle of this week (today being one of them) so I've been outside working on the yard. Landscaping, you might call it. My aunt and I got all the dead leaves and gunk cleared out that has been hanging out in the flower beds and under/in/around the current plants. Then I decided the hosta needed to go, so I yanked them out and then used what was left of my back muscles to dig out all their roots. Uff da!
I've been having a lot of fun going to check on my tulips every couple of hours. What a difference a couple of warm days can make! They opened up more and more throughout the day so I'm getting to see the spring blooming bulbs that I inherited with the house.
Today, I ordered my very first load of beauty bark. Did you know that the bark comes in more than one size? And when they ask you how many yards you want, "Just my own" is not a sufficient answer. Hmmph. So the very nice guy in the dump truck came and now I have a mountain of bark in my driveway. Thank goodness I moved my car first!
Mom and Dad are here and they have been tremendous help. Mom helped me pick plants and she was really good at figuring out how many I needed. I waaaay underestimate sizes and distances. Dad has been busy planting said plants and shrubs and spreading beauty bark, and I've been trying not to think about how much I just stimulated the economy. I'm somewhere up around the price of some Jimmy Choo heels right now!

Comments

Lainey said…
Digging up Hostas? Are you kidding, I have been trying to get them to grow for the last 3 years! You obviously don't have enough slugs. I'll bring you some, they help with all my yardwork.

Great post!
Pharmgirl said…
I don't like hostas, I guess. They weren't planted very symmetrically and that bugged me. No slugs here -- a bit short on the moisture and slime that they enjoy so much! :-)
Time to take a muscle relaxant and go to sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge