I made it home to Washington, but I wasn't in any hurry to leave Minnesota. I'm glad I had an extra day after the program ended so I could enjoy the Minneapolis area and the new people I met. It was so fun to spend time with Dave & Debbie again and spend some time with them. Debbie's such an 'upper' - you always feel good about yourself when you're around Debbie! I also was very impressed by all the nice young men I met! There seems to be a high concentration of good guys back there -- makes me wish I was a few years younger! Oh wait, isn't that the trendy thing right now? Hmmm. Anyhow, I was impressed by all of them. Oh shucks, I think I liked pretty much everybody I met!
My final day we went walking at a beautiful arboretum near Dave and Debbie's house, and the fall flowers were so beautiful! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera along for that part but the dahlias and mums were spectacular. After that we went through some houses that were in the parade of homes and some were impressive, others weren't. I think they had taller people in mind when they built them...
We went shopping in Edina, a darling little town right down the street, and then we puttered around until it was time to go to the airport.
My new research project: learning to cook! I saw a cute little building down the road from where I was staying in Minneapolis and they had cooking classes. I wanted to take the one for learning knife skills but you were supposed to take your own knives and a cutting board and I didn't have any of those along! I couldn't find anything similar in Yakima or the surrounding area but I've been looking online and might figure out some stuff there, plus take a class for fun over in Seattle sometime. :-)
Wish me and my fingers luck!

Comments

RORYJEAN said…
If you take a class in Seattle, you definitely need to come and visit us, too! Our guest room is always open. Maybe you can pass some of your culinary skills along to us, too. We like to cook, but I've been so lazy about it lately, I think if I make another PB&J Cam is going to go on a hunger strike.

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge