I better post something to let you know that I'm still alive and well and not out man-shopping!
I'm writing this from my cozy little room in Minneapolis. I found a great little place to stay that's quite close to campus, called Wales House. It's not a hotel/motel, but it's not really a bed and breakfast either. I guess the description is that it's a victorian guest house. When I first got to town I was a bit turned off by the fact it's in greek row with sororities and fraternities around, but that hasn't been a big deal because they've been nice and quiet neighbors.

I have found some great places to eat, most notably Kafe 421, Loring's Pasta Bar, and Annie's Parlour. Those are all just a few minutes away on foot. I've made great use of the Metro transit system.... I think I prefer light rail to the bus system because that has too many variables. Oh well - I have always made it back "home."
My legs are tired from the 1.2 mile walk I make each direction across the middle of campus to get to the hospital. Hopefully it makes up for all I've been eating :-)

I'm having a great time learning new things here in their ICU's and at all the various seminars they hold. Immunizations, antifungals, anti-virals, sepsis, etc. I'm finally understanding acid-base equations, and most impressive ... I went to a PHYSICAL library, down between all those creepy rows of old journals, and I found the PAPER version of a journal article I needed! I can't believe someone took the time to go print all those journals off the internet and stick them in the library... haha How very retro. Look at me being all scholarly! :-)

I'm having fun and enjoying getting to know this city. It really is quite beautiful this time of year and I'd like to come back for vacation sometime and see more of the state. Pictures to follow...eventually.

Comments

RORYJEAN said…
Wow- sounds like an adventure! Especially veturing down into the library for paper version of an article- retro indeed :) I am jeallous of all the good food you must be eating- what fun.
Traci K said…
Goodness me, sounds like you're getting all edmucated! I'll be disappointed if you don't get to the Mall of America while you're there!:) They have lots of shoe stores ya' know!
Pharmgirl said…
Are you kidding? Me? Miss the MOA? I went there 3 times in the first week!
Sorry I didn't catch your call when you were on your way to catch up with my brother. Hope you enjoyed your time in MN!

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge