How it’s going

 So I’m for sure many of you who KNOW me, the million dollar question is: Are you going to be able to keep this up and stick to it?

The good news is habits take anywhere from 4-6h to really stick and I’m past the 4 week mark for eating health so I am feeling determined to find a way to make it stick, even though there’s a steep learning curve ahead for me when it comes to cooking/cutting/storing/meal-prepping.  Food takes a lot of thought and even creativity that I just usually don’t have the patience for. I’d rather daydream about travel.

The Quick Oats are working beautifully and I’ve had those plus fruit, nuts, and plain yogurt for a few breakfasts now.  They taste just like the ones from the trial.

Yesterday I made my first batch of pinto beans using my Zavor (like an Instant Pot), washed and “dosed” all my grapes, and ate only good things.

I will update the label on the bin

Today I made a batch of Lentil Chili, batch prepped 4 side salads, and did a pile of chopping. I’m just about to start roasting yellow potato cubes, sweet potato cubes, and then broccoli. My spices are measured for the pasta + pinto bean dish I liked so much. 

Vegetables to roast

Side salads ready to go: 22g each of spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers. For a bit of crunch I might just recklessly toss in sunflower seeds without measuring.

At the store I picked up the multicolored tomatoes that a friend recommended plus mini cucumbers, also recommended.  I guess I’m about to find out if there is something different about how they taste.

So far, so good. 😊 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge