Somehow I put this on the wrong blog! Oops.

I am on my way back from some wonderful days and nights in Arizona~
I drove down to Tucson to see my friend Heather and to see Tucson. It hardly seemed right that Cassidy had been there and I hadn't, so I had to correct that! We went to the botanical gardens (different than some of the others that I've seen) there and saw their butterfly exhibit. There were some funky plants that maybe even I could grow... hmm. I think my favorite cactus was the baseball cactus. It's round and but doesn't resemble baseball stitching at all. And I would know, because I got one at the Giants vs Diamondbacks spring training game this afternoon! :-)
So Tucson- we went up to Mount Lemmon to catch some great views, ate some good food, and went to her study party. A bunch of masters and doctoral students in choral conducting - -- talk about a different language! I went down the hall with my calculator and ruler and did my own studying, marvelling at the diversity of it all!
Scottsdale was beautiful - the weather was perfect, the hotel was lovely, aah, it was nice. I spent several hours just setting by the pool and sending text messages with photos to friends in cold and snowy areas. But it all came back to bite me in the backside because tonight, instead of sleeping in my own bed and enjoying the comforts of being home, I'm staying in a hotel in Ellensburg, essentially stuck by this crazy snowstorm we happened upon. Every time I close my eyes I see all those snowflakes coming at me!
Yesterday I did a little shopping and got together with a friend from college for supper. Today I got up, made the most of the remaining hours I could spend by the pool, then headed out for the ballgame at Scottsdale Stadium. I was confused about the start time, thinking it said 12:05. Who knows what that was referring to -- so I got to watch the cute little ball players warm up (you know, stretch and stuff) and the whole game besides! it was a special treat to watch Randy johnson pitch today. I had an unexplainable crush on him when he played for Seattle, so it was awesome.
I'm a little sunburned on a couple parts of my arms so I hope that will resolve quickly!
Ok, I'm passing out. Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge