Last fall I became interested in cooking and talked to my coworker Ted about knives. He used to be a sous chef in Denver before he went to pharmacy school. He said the only knife I need is a chef's knife, and he recommended this particular brand. I received it for my birthday but I never was brave enough to use it because well gee, it's so sharp! The interest in cooking passed and I continued on with my usual eating habits.
Well I became interested in cooking again and I finally got over my fear of the sharpness of the knife that this past month and started using it and WOW! What a difference it makes! It cuts through frozen chicken like it's butter, it cuts through steak without a lot of that sawing action I've been doing, and I just can't wait to find something else (other than my fingers) to cut!

Comments

Lainey said…
I have a global, and it really is my favorite knife! Good thing something is sharp in my kitchen, cause the cooking has gotten very dull.
Troy and Beth said…
I've heard that the santoku (sp?) knife is a good one too.

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge