I went to Montana again this past weekend for a very special reason. When Bowdrie was at mom and dad's house, he said, "Velva beautiful", "Grandma beautiful", so I went to Montana hoping to get a "Janell beautiful" out of him. :-) It took NUMEROUS attempts, and it didn't come until my final night there, after hearing about "bulldozer beautiful", "backhoe beautiful" etc. That didn't lessen the victory for me. Bowdrie also said, "Wuv you, Geee-nell" my last night there, right before he fell asleep- aww, how precious is that?! So I'm loved, AND I'm beautiful! Aah, what a great weekend.
His vocabulary is growing rapidly and it's so incredible to watch him learn. He's a great backseat driver-- 'papa dwive cwazy", "straight ahead", "turn right here", etc.
We had the coin jar out in the morning and he was learning quarters and nickles and dimes and pennies and we made up little songs - 'The quarter's worth twenty-five-cents, twenty-five-cents, twenty-five-cents, the quarter's worth twenty-five-cents..." I forgot all about the fact that he had put some of those coins into his pocket until we got to the Village Shop clothing store. According to his mommy, he wasn't supposed to have sugar that day, but that little smartie-pants saw a candy machine and quietly went over there while we were engrossed in the shopping and he oh-so-smartly put his quarter in the slot and turned the handle, at which point we heard the plink-plink-plink of the m&m's hitting the tray!! Soooo smart! :-) We couldn't help but laugh.
They have a new kitten and it's name, according to Bowdrie, is "Sweet Kitty." Carson likes her the most. He's walking now and I see where they came up with the word "toddler!" He's pretty bowl-legged and it's so cute to see him walking around, making noise. He's mastered the ride-on toys and he's starting the mama, dada babble. He still prefers to be carried so I try to accomodate him as much as possible, much to Jon and Jen's delight ;-)
We went across Glacier Park to Many Glacier where we saw among other things, a bear across the highway up on the hillside. He was wearing a dandy pair of tennis shoes -just kidding. Bowdrie learned that song this weekend.
I just had to snap that picture of Bowdrie bellied up to the bar, watching a football game! They sure start early!
Now I'm back to my nice, quiet, tidy little life -- aah

Comments

Oh, such sweet little boys! Thanks for sharing the cute stories and pictures!
Traci K said…
I don't blame you for going all the way to MT to be told how beatiful you are! Those boys must have some good taste, huh?-ha!:) They sure are cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge