I should stick with shopping, Reason #37
I've now had my first wipe-out on a bike, and quite honestly I'm also hoping it's my last one! The railroad tracks in Ballard got me and while the photos don't do it justice, I've got some pretty big "badges of honor", or as I like to think of them - "owies". I was out riding with a friend, and I didn't see the great big yellow sign saying to cross at a 90 degree angle and my bike went out from under me faster than I could prevent. It's a pretty sickening feeling. I managed to get rid of the pebble that was embedded in my elbow, but I've still got some souveniers in my outer arm. The pictures of my knee didn't tun out real well but I've got about an 8 inch section all scraped up there too.
I'm just trying to remember to be glad that nothing is broken and my face didn't get screwed up!
My drugs are kicking in -- goodnight!

Comments

Justin said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Justin said…
Oh no! I'm glad you came out of it okay though! On the bright side...think of the mental toughness it is working into you :) Anyway, as alluring as shopping is..I hope you don't give up on this sport! Your timing is impeccable since I'm riding a road bike ride for the first time Saturday...I'll try to forget I ever saw your post!
Those are definitely some nice "owies"! So far I've managed to avoid a big wipeout on my bike, but now I'd better cross my fingers and knock on wood! Anyway, they make you look real tough!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cayman Brac Dive day 1

30 day sugar challenge